Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Sometimes it is hard to make a stop on the way, lift your eyes up and look around you.
And when you do, when you halt, you see the world continues its path at breakneck speed, like a tunnel of lights and echoes that move while you just observe.
One day I was told that, from time to time, we have to learn when to step back to be able to step in again with more strength than before. I don’t remember who told me, but thanks.
First of all, I would like to apologize.
I apologize for not writing as much as I would have liked to. To those who follow the blog, for disappearing for weeks without giving an explanation. Those who stay with us day after day, waiting for new contents and experiences.
Also, I would like to apologize to myself. For devoting too many hours to work, and not attending that part of ones self, that asks for a little space, for some time off, and needs moments of introspection and self-assessment.
Secondly, I would like to say thank you.
In the last month, we have had the pleasure of meeting very special people.
Monsieur and Madame Duval, a couple that, after years of wandering around the world, ended up living very close to us. People who opened the doors of their house and helped us get rid of many fears and misgivings about the adventure we're about to start.
Mme. Duval was born in the island of Java, in Jakarta, the capital of Indonesia.
The Duvals offered us a lot of useful material on Bali and Indonesia, including magazines, guides, information on visas and even a French-Indonesian dictionary so we can begin to practice the language. I also have to add the wonderful treats we were offered, including a tasty cake prepared by Mme. Duval and some delicious typical rolls from Java, which I cannot remember the name of.
We also met Komang, from Bali. Together with Luis, her partner, told us many things about the island that were of great interest: prices of housing, car hiring, Internet connection (indispensable for our work), information on health, banks, and a long etcetera. She also gave us contacts of people, which we hope may be of help with the visa.
I have to say we were amazed with the personality of Komang. During the visit she didn’t lose her smile one second and could not stop laughing and making jokes.
We are going to start exchanging Spanish-Indonesian classes.
You don’t know how excited we are about meeting up again!
Thanks to all of them, for your attention, your hospitality and your example.
Finally, I would like to thank Robert, my brother.
He has cared about us, has put us in contact with the Duval, Komang and Luis, has accompanied us on our visits, has sought information, asked things that we hadn’t thought of...
There aren’t enough words to thank him for what he does for us.
As you can see, although we have not been paying much attention to the blog, we have not exactly been on pause. And now that I have stopped for a while to share the experience of the last few weeks with you, I think I have to follow my path and return to work.
It is always a pleasure to have you here.
Xavier
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(Atom)
The Wardrobe Dream
Xavier Palma y Laura Pavia. The Wardrobe Estudio Creativo. Nonsense. Powered by Blogger.

Hi Xavi,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the current update. Wishing you the best as you continue with your preparations and plans.
Joseph.