Thursday, April 26, 2012


Hello, my name is Xavier and I have a permanent job. I am quitting it to go and live on the
other side of the world, start my own business and change my lifestyle.

When someone hears these words coming from my lips they normally think: This man is crazy.

And normally says: But, have you seen what the world is like out there?

As if someone really knew!

In the last few weeks I have mainly come across 2 different types of people:

a) The Dreamers: They are interested in your projects, your reasons for going through with it,
they understand them (without any need to share them), they lend words of honest support.

b) The realistic: skeptics. They know life is what they have in front of them and tell you how
hard it is to change it. They’re not really interested in knowing your story, but ask intentioned
questions willing to create debate and demonstrate how wrong you are.

Some advice? Keep away from individuals in category B. They will try to abate your hopes and
make you doubt.

164 days till I leave my job. A job in which I have invested 1825 days of my life. In which I have
learnt to be independent, to grow, and find out how easy it is to be stuck thinking it’s the
correct thing to do. Of course, I’m talking about my personal case.

When the financial crisis started I was commissioned abroad for 5 months. I won a
considerable amount of money, which went in a used Peugeot 206 and in my wedding.

I got married when I was 23. A lot of people would say to me: But do you know how young
you are? Group B individuals. Luckily, some other “A” s would encourage me to follow my
instincts. It’s what you feel you want?, then do it!

Next year, in July, my wife and I will celebrate 10 years together. Maybe in Bali, maybe in some
other random place. Why have we kept a relationship since we were so young when there are
so many people to meet in life? Simply, it’s what we felt we wanted.

Nevertheless now, to go, to arm myself with courage and move 12,800 kilometers from
my home, to leave all my possessions and my loved ones behind… Although it might sound
strange, in my early twenty-five years of age, is what I feel I want.

I do not need to give more explanations to anybody. And I can bet on it, these explanations
lack value for the majority.

And it is to you, who reads my thoughts, who knows my fears and my hopes. To you, dear
reader, I ask: What type of person are you? What type of person do you want to be?

While you think about it, or you reject it the idea completely, I will only say a thing that is not
going to change until the 29th of September of this year:

Hello, my name is Xavier and I have a permanent job. I am quitting it to go and live on the
other side of the world, start my own business and change my lifestyle.

Xavier

P.S: In case you do not read the comments. The examples that I have exposed, are clearly the
most extreme. In the balance it is the virtue. It is necessary to try to be as realisticas much as a
dreamer.

0 comentarios:

The Wardrobe Dream

Xavier Palma y Laura Pavia. The Wardrobe Estudio Creativo. Nonsense. Powered by Blogger.

Busca en TW Dream