Saturday, April 14, 2012


During the  Easter Holidays I had the urge of a spring clean. Meaning I get wrestles and excited, and suddenly have millions of useless things to through away at home and, out of sheer solidarity, so does Xavi.

Also, the thought of starting to pack up things we knew we weren’t going to be using any time soon (e.g.: Christmas tree, winter clothes, etc.) would give us a bigger sense of reality about marching off to the other side of the world and, let’s face it, more space to work on our coming art projects.

This done, I have found myself making lists of “musts” and filling up my imaginary suitcase for our journey. Whether I’m in the middle of a conversation or crossing town in the underground, daydreaming has become a habit.

Results? So far, my suitcase is 2m. long, has 8 wheels and weighs 200k! Wonderful, figure myself explaining that to the airline assistant! But, what can you expect from someone who takes at least 4 or 5 just in case pairs of shoes for a weekend break?

The truth is, I couldn’t wait to set foot on Bali and get rid of all the conventionalisms we’ve been brought up with. Unfortunately, Bali is not the solution. Hiding behind the idea that one will change once we’re out of our usual context is the easiest way of not taking responsibility of our own patterns and routines.

Well, Rome wasn’t built in one day and change takes time. I’m now working on rewriting all these "musts" so I can start crossing them out in my day dreaming sessions, which I’m taking a liking to.

Because, if we can’t make the decision to lighten this weight from the beginning for ourselves, we will end up struggling with it wherever we go.

Who knows how things will turn up, though just taking a toothbrush is maybe being a little bit extreme!

Laura

0 comentarios:

The Wardrobe Dream

Xavier Palma y Laura Pavia. The Wardrobe Estudio Creativo. Nonsense. Powered by Blogger.

Busca en TW Dream